August 7, 2021

Bahá’u’lláh recalls the revelation of the Tablet of Kullu’t-Ta‘ám

“That day, when I [Mírzá “Áqá Ján] attained His [Bahá’u’lláh] Blessed Presence,[in Kázimayn] He was saying to Àqâ Muhammad-Hasan, the Isfahâni merchant: “Prior to your coming, Háji Mirzâ Kamâlu'd-Din-i-Narâqi was here. He had asked a question regarding the verse, Kullu’t-Ta‘ám, from there [meaning Azal], but not having understood anything from his answer, he asked Me the same. I wrote an answer for him, read it to him, but did not give it to him. I want to read it to you now." He began to chant and read. How can I describe what hearing every word, uttered in that blessed tone, did to one? In between, He read a number of verses in the same tone He had used that first night in Karbilá, on the roof of the Dáru'sh-shafá [the House of Treatment]. When He reached the end, He said: ‘What do you say?’ I offered the comment: ‘If there be fairness, all of the learned men [ulamá] should bow their heads.’ His Blessed Person replied: ‘As thou sayest, if there be fairness.’"

- Hasan Balyuzi (‘Bahá’u’lláh King of Glory’)